Since its release, the Frozen Orb Sorceress has established itself as one of the best meta picks for ladder starters and magic builds. With the Frozen Orb build, we take advantage of three significant changes made to the Frozen skill tree and combine them with some Lightning spells (for Anti-cold monsters) to create the best build possible for you.
1. Greetings and introductions
The scale frozen orb is now a viable option in project Diablo 2 thanks to three significant changes that have been made to the cold skill tree in recent months. For starters, the FO (Frozen Orb) now deals more damage than before. Second, the cooldown reduction is significantly less than what it was in LOD, which is a negative development. CM (Cold Mastery) has been reworked in such a way that it now increases plus percent cool damage while simultaneously decreasing enemy cooled resistance. A frozen orb sorceress is now potentially viable as a result of all three of these factors. Although it may not be the most optimal spec to use in Project D2, some early on held difficulty MF strategies to try and get your character off the ground and into the game.
2. Build your Frozen Orb Sorceress’s skills.
The core abilities of the Frozen Orb Sorceress are detailed in the section below. Refer to the image of this guide below for a detailed breakdown of all core and optional skills, as well as the suggested sequence for assigning skill points.
1. One point for each of the prerequisites
2. 20 points to Ice Blast — maximum first, mandatory
3 points to Glacial Spike — maximum after Ice Blast, so it is necessary
4. Cold Mastery: 20 points is the maximum after a Glacial Spike, which is required.
5. 20 points to Ice Bolt — the maximum possible after Cold Mastery, which is required
6. Frost Nova is worth a maximum of 20 points after Ice Bolt, which is required.
7. 1 point to Shiver Armor — a skill that is required at level 12 and above.
3. Characteristics of the Frozen Orb Sorceress
Dexterity: Everything or Enough for gear
Vitality: Enough for gear or Nothing (if using an Energy shield)
Energy: Enough for gear or Everything Enough for gear
4. Sorceress Equipment with a Frozen Orb
The items listed in the following section are some of the most important for the Frozen Orb Sorceress to have.
•Weapon: Wizardspike Bone Knife (Wizardspike)
Weapons and Armor: Serpentskin Armor •Hilt: Lore Cap •Amulet: Highlord’s Wrath •Shield: Black Oak Shield
•Gloves: Chance Defendants
•Rings: The Nagelring and the Stone of Lordan Ring are two examples.
5. Mercenary with a Frozen Orb Sorceress
This is a pretty good, you know, kind of combination. His defiance, when combined with chilling armor, provides a small amount of extra protection. We have almost 2K in defense, and his res is almost completely depleted before he procs. When it is capped, it provides us with meditation insight or insight provides a meditation, and it is a good way to recover from the experience. The overall damage he deals is reasonable, and he doesn’t die often, making him a useful little supplement for us early on in the hell difficulty against cold immunes.
The Stygian Pike is Tal Rasha’s Horadric Crest Death Mask, and she wields it.
Thundergod’s Vigor War Belt Gore Rider War Boots: Gore Rider War Boots
Gloves: Positioning of the Hands
6. Three important considerations for the Frozen Orb Sorceress:
1.The first option is to do farming and Daryl, in the hopes of getting your first shako and some decent gear, such as Viper Magic Shako and the like, before moving yourself onto the snowy tombs, or you can do both at the same time.
2. Try to farm for other d2r items, such as Skullder’s Ire, to supplement your collection. The newly introduced level 85 area—stony tombs—is a place that you always skip because you never ever actually MF with it, and it’s a waste of space in LOD because you never ever actually MF with it. As a level 85 area to farm without the use of fire, it is extremely beneficial in terms of absorbing all of the elemental damage from beetles and other such creatures; in other words, if you’re tired of farming the ancient tunnels, this is the new area for you to MF.
3. As long as you have a mercenary with even a semblance of hitting ability, you should be able to deal with him using basic equipment, treachery, and non-ethereal insight. He had no trouble clearing a small area of wasteland for himself.
Video Guide for Dbrunski125’s Frozen Orb Sorceress, Part 7
If you prefer to watch a video guide instead of or in addition to our written guide, we have one that walks you through the construction process.